Power Sand Advance is the follow up product of Power Sand Special and is a base substrate material designed for providing nutrients to the roots of aquatic plants and promoting growth of substrate bacteria. Porous volcanic stones secure the water circulation, and organic nutrients promote the growths of bacteria. Please select right size, S, M, L according to the depth of aquarium tank.
A new substrate has a good circulation of water which carries oxygen to stimulate bacterial activity and the development of plant roots. This is the ideal condition of substrate, in order to establish a balanced ecosystem. After some time, however, various factors may cause problems in the substrate.
Some time after setup, water pressure or calcium in the water hardens the substrate. At this time, water circulation within the substrate is obstructed and bacterial activity declines. Such a condition causes problems in root development and growth of aquatic plants.
Although problems would not appear at early stages, a substrate with only one kind of granule does not provide enough water circulation down to the bottom In a short time. Waste matters from plants and plant roots block the space between granules and obstruct the water circulation.
The mixed substrate with Power Sand at the bottom secures good water circulation due to the shape and size of the granules. Even when aquatic plants have been growing for long periods and waste matter accumulates, Power Sand composed of porous volcanic stones maintains proper water circulation.
The growth of aqua plants like Echinodorus or Cryptocoryne, plants that absorb nutrients from its root, largely depends upon the amount of nutrients within the substrate. Unlike ordinary Power Sand, Power Sand Special provides more minerals and nutrients to the substrate, as it also contains Bacter 100 and Clear Super.
- Very rich in nutrients
- Contains Bacter 100 and Clear Super for the optimal start of your aquascape
- Sufficient supply of oxygen is vital for aerobic bacteria. Insufficient oxygen prompts the activity of anaerobic bacteria which produce toxic substances such as nitrous acid
- Organic matter in Power Sand or other bottom fertilizers such as Multi Bottom or Iron Bottom, can be absorbed by aquatic plants, only when they are broken down to inorganic matter by bacteria
- Silt gathers around plant roots and provides a good medium for bacterial colonization. Proper functions of bacteria, through their nitrifying processes, change ammonia to nitrogen compounds which are then consumed by aquatic plants through their roots
- Works effectively to stimulate the establishment of association between bacteria and aquatic plants
- Nutrients contained in Power Sand are slowly dissolved and absorbed by plant roots